College Essay Guidance - Plus
This self-paced course is our recommended "best value" option for working on your own schedule while still getting high quality expert guidance in writing your personal statement or college essay .
The essay prep material was specially developed to help students understand what colleges expect from the essay, with an experienced teacher available to answer questions if needed, and to provide personalized guidance in getting the essay ready for submission.
- Students can review the guidelines and tips for essays at their convenience
- Students can submit their choice of prompt/topic to get feedback from the teacher
- When ready, students can submit their essay draft to get detailed feedback – for two essays or two drafts of the same essay
The teacher will be available to answer questions and provide guidance anytime, for up to a whole year!
WHY IS IT BETTER?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Why are Meemli courses and workshops better?
Meemli courses and workshops are hand-crafted by experienced educators with a view to developing and delivering a top-notch learning experience where students understand what they learn and feel more confident about their abilities. The classes use proven, innovative techniques to foster learning as well as keeping the students engaged and interested.
More reasons why Meemli is better:
- Personalized teacher guidance and interaction
- Different learning options:
- Self-paced online lessons with teacher guidance
- Small group live online classes led by teachers
- Experienced, trained and dedicated teachers
- Students can request help from teachers, using Meemli, even outside of the online class sessions
- Engaging custom material, developed by experienced teachers, replaces textbooks and lecture videos
- Fosters critical thinking and deeper understanding (aligned with Common Core goals)
- Use of visuals and participative learning helps students with different learning styles
- All work posted online and always available to students for review, even after the course/workshop is over
How does it work?
The courses are offered in two formats:
- Self-paced online lessons with teacher guidance available as needed
- Online lessons are available for the student anytime
- The lessons are kept to a smaller length, usually 20 - 30 minutes
- Students can message the teacher for help
- At the end of the lessons, students will complete an assignment to test their understanding
- The teacher will review the assignment and provide personalized feedback and recommendations
- Live small-group online sessions at scheduled times with the teacher
- Online sessions are scheduled based on the needs of the course, and are 1.0 - 1.5 hours long.
- The sessions are usually scheduled for weekends and after-school hours.
- Students can chat live with the teacher during the online session, or message for help when offline.
- Students will require some additional time for assignments and prep, depending on the course.
- During the online sessions, the teacher and students will also call-in for an audio chat (useful in case the student has technical issues).
- Personal contact information is not visible for both students and teachers so privacy is maintained.
- You can take an online or self-paced class from anywhere! All you need is your favorite web browser, and a decent internet connection.
- All material is on on my.meemli.com. No downloads required.
- No special textbooks are required.
- Students may interact with their teachers and ask for help anytime, using Meemli communication features.
- On successful completion of the course, each student will get an individualized assessment and recommendations from the teacher.
BACK TO ALL COURSES
Refunds - we keep them simple!
We believe that you will really like our courses and workshops, and trust you can complete the classes you have enrolled in.
You get 100% of your money back if you drop out – for any reason – at any point before the end of the course.
If you have any issues with a course, let us know and we will work out enrollment in an alternate course or give you a refund (whichever you prefer).
To request a refund, contact us